Thursday, May 7, 2009

When I Wake Up

Our Mentality: Group Think
Quote: “Cogito, ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am) Rene Decartes

Let us look at any national newspaper (while they still exist) and you will see the effects and consequences of group think. Maybe it’s France, Spain or Germany this week where there are riots of one variety or some issue that is so obfuscated that only a professional international law attorney can begin to make sense of it. This is where group think has clouded what’s important. When people stop looking out for their personal responsibilities as their primary obligation then growth stops.

Example:
A Google search of the following string (Spain q1 2009 unemployment rate) leads to a page with with a PDF file (Spain: Another surge in the unemployment rate, to 17.4% in Q1 2009).

17.4% UNEMPLOYMENT!

Obviously there is some serious issue within the governmental structure that is causing almost 1 in 5 to be without a job. This is where the concept of the individual versus the group comes into play. Like most of the European countries the redistribution of wealth has lead down only one path, failure. Eventually the highly taxed will do as they always have, throughout recorded history, revolt(or disappear).

In that system you expect a tiny minority to cover the tax burden of the majority the incentive to actually become a producing individual decreases. Why work hard when you can just get by with the bare minimum? Only a fool works harder than is needed in the current system where success and dedication are vile words. At work I see this all the time. There are plenty of times when an individual could take all the proper steps and complete the task as it should be done properly but they only do enough to keep their job.

I’m not uncompassionate just utilitarian(why waste resources on non-producers?). As my dad said: “You wanna eat? Ya gotta work.” Right now there are millions of meals every day served off the taxpayers dime without a single useful benefit rendered for them. In effect it’s stealing. The end result is taking from one person and giving to another without anything being rendered to the first person.

If you don’t think that it this is stealing try the following:

The Checkbook Challenge:
Mail me a fully signed checkbook(leaving the amount and recipient blank) and a copy of your most recent financial statement on that account. Also a signed and notarized document stating that you give me full permission to spend up to the amount in the account on any program or person I deem worthy (no questions asked even for groups such as Tree Climbers International except only ones that do it naked minus harnesses). You will need to get a lawyer to craft the document such that each is unique as a downloadable form document is prone to fraud. Thanks!

(I’m pretty sure I’ll never see a checkbook. If I do I‘m spending it all immediately on gold coins.) This is exactly what is happening to our tax dollars. I pay Social Security and FICA tax in the United States(and these dollars go to people that I don‘t even know). Internationally it’s highly likely that you will also pay a VAT (Value Added Tax) on almost everything you touch. As the percentage that pays taxes slowly decreases and the majority that receives the benefits increases you will see more stagnation the incentive to put food on your table is gone.

When I wake up each morning I usually endeavor to perform to the best of my ability in all activities that I undertake or are assigned. This is an individual choice. I could just as easily decide that I’m going to work slow and let others cover a portion of my work. Effectively the problem that exists on a macro level is that the masses that have no vested interest in the issue(they pay no taxes) but yet they have a voice(can vote).

Let me leave you a closing scenario.

1. Political conditions are roiling (It‘s getting there).
2. The electrical grid shuts down (How or why is unimportant).
3. After a few days the grid is still down. The only news you get is from neighbors you never talked to before that it won’t be coming back up ever.
4. Where do you go? Do you even have skills that will feed you? I mean really who needs lawyers and hairdressers?

Welcome to Feudal Europe.

Good Day and God Bless.
Taskmaster Cyning

(More on this topic to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment